My never-ending list of things to do in NYC
I ❤️NYC. It took me 26 years to discover the magic in my backyard. I will never forget my first time emerging from Penn Station, and marveling at the golden sunlight reflecting off the steel beasts lining the city streets.
The city is alive and always recharges me in a way that makes it feel like anything is possible.
I love that I will never be able to explore all of it, and love finding new places to eat, drink and explore. I've started a list of some of the best places I've been so far and the places I still have to go — send me your recommendations!
✅= places I've been
🔲 = haven't been but recommended
Where are we staying?
✅ Freehand Hotel ($200/night)
- Stay in the flatiron district — just a quick subway ride to SOHO or Central Park, stay somewhere central near the Flatiron Building and walkable to markets, workouts and great bars.
- This hotel is great to stay if you want to be in the heart of Manhattan and do a series of day trips north (Upper East) or south (SOHO).
- This hotel has a great rooftop bar (Broken Shaker) and mezzanine bar as well as a lobby restaurant that are all fantastic.
✅ CitizenM Bowery ($275/night)
- Stay in the Bowery district, just a 2 minute walk from the subway station that can take you everywhere north you want or even over to Williamsburg in Brooklyn area across the river.
- This area is close to NOHO and Chinatown as well as Little Italy. Great shopping, and the hotel has a super funky lobby as well as a rooftop bar with great views of the city.
✅ Marriott Brooklyn Bridge ($500/night)
- If you're looking for a less 'in your face' side of NYC, check out this Marriott so close to Manhattan but far away enough with all the amenities and things you'd want to enjoy as a local.
- You're close to DUMBO, for great pics under the Brooklyn bridge and the hotel rooms here are large and spacious (plus collect those Marriott Bonvoy points!)
✅ Yotel New York Times Square ($200/night)
- This is the first place I ever stayed in NYC and it's a funky hotel in Hells Kitchen and close to lots of touristy things.
- The Green Fig restaurant rooftop is lovely, and near the Skyline, Rockefeller Center and Broadway shows.
Get in we're going shopping 🛍
✅And Other Stories
I love food 🍔
✅Mimi Chang’s dumpling house
✅ Prince Street Pizza (can't be missed!)
✅ Friend of a farmer
✅ Milk bar
✅ La Esquina
✅ Russ and daughter
✅ Death and co
✅ The Blind Barbour
✅ Public Rooftop
🔲 Please don’t tell
Get a good sweat 💦
✅Rumble (can't be missed!)
✅Barry’s boot camp
✅ Y7 yoga
Feel like a local 🏙
✅Bike through Central Park
✅ Top of the Rock (great to do at night to see all the lights!)
✅Walk the High Line
✅Comedy Cellar (can't be missed!)
✅ Walk the Brooklyn Bridge
✅High tea at Bergdorf Goodman's 7th floor restaurant
✅Shopping in SOHO