How to make your own sushi 🍱
I love making sushi. It's a lot of fun and honestly therapeutic.
I don't use raw fish and use fresh vegetables and seasonings. It only takes a few simple ingredients:
- Sticky rice
- Nori (seaweed papers)
- Oyster mushrooms
- Panko crumbs
- Prepare the sticky rice. If all you have is regular rice you can use rice vinegar to help it stick.
- Pan fry the oyster mushrooms with coconut oil, and then the same for the shrimp.
- Slice up the cucumber, mango, and avocado into long thin pieces.
- Place the nori shiny side down, rough side up, with just a cup of rice, spread it out over the lower half of the nori paper.
- Line up your ingredients on top of the rice, don't overpack it!
- Wet your fingers and run them over the top half of the nori, and start to roll over the rice into the rest of the paper. Using the water to seal the seaweed.
I love mixing the mango and shrimp with avocado and a sprinkle of panko crumbs. Or the oyster mushrooms with the cucumbers.
Use this as a guideline, you can add whatever you'd like! Maybe smoked salmon, sweet potato, crab meat, and carrots.
Share with me what you come up with!