The credits to your life.
If your life was a movie, who would show up in the credits?
I asked this question to myself a little while ago, I think it honestly came to me when I was watching the Oscars.
Even better, maybe your life is a TV show—what is going on this season?
I decided to break it down and how I would interpret identifying the credits to my season, and here's what I've got:
- Director: who or what controls your artistic and dramatic direction?
- Writers: who or what do you feel is helping to narrate your journey—who is guiding you along?
- Producer: who or what is helping to keep you on-track right now?
- Lead Cast: who or what are the main characters around you?
- Supporting Cast: who or what do you have in your life but maybe on a less frequent basis?
- Cinematographer: who or what has the most influence on how you see yourself in this world?
- Editor: who or what is showing you where you can improve?
- Costume Designer: where are you drawing your fashion inspiration from?
- Music Composer: who or what is creating the rhythm and tone in your life?
- Casting Director: who or what is influencing the people you bring into your life?
If I was to build my studio series based on this understanding, my 2019 season would look a bit like this:
- Director: Me
- Writer: Courtney & my 100-day project
- Producer: Kim
- Lead Cast: Gary, Maxine, Kim, Jeff, CJ the cat.
- Supporting Cast: Mom & Dad, Sam, Kait, Mary, Jill, Ash, Andrew, Karti & Mo, my amazing coworkers
- Cinematographer: Gary — sometimes Mom & Dad come in for artistic direction.
- Editor: UVU fitness & Spinco
- Costume Designer: Athleisure clothing & companies
- Music Composer: My Spinco team
- Casting Director: Creative Mornings & my spin classes open me up to more smiling friendly faces.
Who would you acknowledge in the credits to your life so far?